Saturday, November 22, 2008

Holiday Blitz

I saw this technique and LOVED it right away!  It's the same as emboss-resist, but you do it on pattern paper.  I've stamped the Candy Cane in Versamark on paper from the Bella Rose designer paper pack and then embossed it with clear powder.  Then I took a sponge and rubbed Chocolate Chip ink all over it.  Of course the embossed spots resist the ink.  Awesome look!  I then layered that piece of paper onto the same Bella Rose paper.  You can get a ton of different looks just by using different designer papers and solid stamps.

4 comments:

cold cocoa said...

I love it! You make the coolest cards. Another thing I was thinking was about the hair blogs, and how you should have had one first, because we all have copied your original fancy dos. It's not too late!

Cristina said...

That is so cute Karen! It puts me in the Christmas mood. Erin is right about the hair, I copied your girls cute hairdos all the time!

Joann said...

I'm liking all of your Christmas cards, I think this ones my fav. I love the dark red and the ribbon.

Tracy said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!! I think this is my favorite - I love all of other ones, but this one I REALLY love!!! You are so talented!!