Friday, November 7, 2008

Card Class - Oh the fun we had!

Kellie and Joann are working on their Flight of the Butterfly Cards.


Here's Cristina and Debbie working on their Upsy Daisy Cards.  Debbie was working so hard she didn't have time to look up.  She finished her cards in record time!


This is Susan finishing up on her Lovely as a Tree cards.


Alisa enjoyed herself a little too much at the class!  Doesn't her face just show it all?  She's just getting started on her Party Hearty cards.


And last, but not least, we have Jerry Ann enjoying our almost yummy dessert.  It would have been much better if the cook had remembered the baking soda.  DUH!  When all the ingredients are added it is oh so yummy!  Here's the recipe so you can all make it right:

Apple Caramel Cake

Mix:   4 Cups shredded apples & 2 Cups sugar and let stand for 10 minutes.

Then add:   1 1/2 tsp. baking soda (don't forget!),   2 Cups flour,   2 tsp. cinnamon,   1 tsp. salt,  2 eggs,   1/2 Cup oil.

Bake:    at 350 degrees for 55 minutes.  Top with caramel & whipped cream.

Caramel

In a sauce pan combine:  1 cube butter,    1 can sweet and condensed milk,   1 Tbls. vanilla,   1 Cup Karo syrup,   2 Cups brown sugar.

Bring to a boil and boil 1 minute.

Thanks for coming girls!  It was oh so fun!!!

7 comments:

Allie said...

Very cute cards! Looks like it was fun.

Derek, Kellie, Cooper and Jack said...

Thanks for a great night Karen! I had a lot of fun. I got home and realized I never had any of your yummy dessert... You will have to make it for YW's sometime so I can try it. Let me know if you are going to do another class to make Christmas cards this year. I loved having cute cards to give out last year. We all know there is NO way I could make cute ones on my own! I can't imagine how much work it takes to get ready for such a big class. Thanks for everything!!

Cristina said...

Thanks for the great ideas Karen! I'm excited to use my cute cards. P.S. The cake was yummy!

Joann said...

Thanks Karen I had a lot of fun. You come up with all the cute ideas. I loved them all. {I'm so glad you let me copy} I too left with out getting some yummy cake. I was concentrating on making all those cute cards. It did smell yummy though. Thanks for the recipe can't wait to get some at YW sometime (hehe).

p.s. sign me up for the Christmas card class if you do one.

Tanya said...

Great cards!!! And that recipe does look very yummy! Thanks for sharing!

Nikki said...

Looks like fun! I copied the recipe so I will have to give it a try! Looks yummy!

Shannon said...

Will you let me know when you have a card class again. I would LOVE to come.