Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Fall Flair

A little wild?  Oh yeah!  But I decided to share it with you anyway.  I used the 'baby wipe' technique.  You take a baby wipe and saturate it with ink refills.  For this card I did patches of Bravo Burgundy, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive and So Saffron ink refills.  I've never tried it on a background stamp before, but it worked just fine.  I folded the baby wipe into fourths before I inked it and then just moved it around on the Canvas background stamp until the whole thing was inked up.  Pushing down in each spot of course.  My hands were a mess!  I should have put a baggie over it or something (I'm too impatient).  I used the solid flower and leaf stamps out of the Fall Flair set and just used the baby wipe as my ink pad.  It's a quick way to add lots of color to your solid images.  I also used the build-a-brad.  Those things are so much fun!

2 comments:

Kari Lyn said...

I. LOVE. IT. !!! I always forget about my Build-A-Brads. I need to set them out so I use them more!

Cristina said...

Hey Karen I found your blog through Erin and Russells. Hope you don't mind if I add you to my list. I can't believe how your kids are growing. I love all the cards. Check out our blog at http://marshallpartyof.blogspot.com
I just got started so there is not much there yet. Cristina Marshall