Monday, February 8, 2010

Celebrating Grandpa and Adri!

Yesterday was my dad's birthday.  Part of a tradition that the grandkids have grown to love is sending balloons up to heaven for grandpa.  He would have been 64 if I'm doing my math right.  We sure miss him and the great man that he was!

After we went to the cemetery we went back to Grandma Sorensen's house and ate some yummy dinner and had FHE.  Amber and Kevin's family did a great job teaching us about love and how we need to say the words I LOVE YOU to our families on a daily basis.

And then came the part that Adri had been waiting for!  An early birthday party with her Sorensen cousins.  Adri's b-day isn't until the 16th, but she got to celebrate last night and she'll celebrate again next Sunday with her cousin Taylor.  They were both born on February 16th.  Adri will be 10 and Taylor will be 3.  Adri had a ball last night and got lots of fun gifts!

I cropped myself out of this picture, but somehow shrunk the picture.  OOPS!  I'm so not good with computers!

Here's Adri with her birthday goods!  Thanks everyone, she loves her stuff!  I'm very proud to say that I made her a skirt with matching necklace and hair flower almost all by myself.  Grandma had to babysit a little.  Adri seems very pleased!

1 comment:

Allie said...

Looks like fun! Happy birthday Adri! The skirt looks super cute.