Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Holiday Blitz

I guess I'm a little excited for my kids to head back to school.  I'm already thinking of teacher thank you cards!  I had a lot of fun making this one.  I colored the apples with markers, using Chocolate Chip for the stem, Garden Green for the leaf and Summer Sun, Green Galore and Real Red for the apples.  After that I put Crystal Effects on the apples and let it dry for the 'shiny' look.  Then I punched each apple out with the 1" circle punch.  Using the piercing tool I pushed holes into the apples to make them look like buttons and added string.  The Spiral punch makes a great 'school' paper look.  And the paper clip also looks schoolish.  Along the top of the card I did some faux stitching by using the paper piercing kit and the the white gel pen to do the stitches.  Such fun!

4 comments:

Kari Lyn said...

That is really a cute card. You've been busy!

Allie said...

I love this one!
I hate that it is getting time for school, but this card would be so fun to use!

Scrapworthy said...

Very cute - I love the bright colors!

Cristina said...

The school starting thing snuck up on us! Some days I'm really ready for it to start. Darling card, I love the way you made the apples into buttons.